A Journey to The Heart A social intelligence game
A Journey to The Heart A social intelligence game is the oldest and most professional board game in Emotions & social intelligence field.
A Journey to The Heart A social intelligence game develops emotional language, social intelligence, and communication skills. Suitable for all age groups. The number of participants: 2-8.
Gameboard, 96 question cards, 8 player pieces (hearts), and one die.
A Journey to The Heart A social intelligence game – Game Instructions
The aim of the game is to reach the end of the pathway by answering the questions the player draws on each turn. Players advance along the pathway by rolling the die and then moving ahead according to the number he or she rolled.
Take a look at the gameboard. It consists of a pathway of squares sequentially numbered from 1 to 80 arranged in rows of different colors. Some of the squares have special features, including yellow magic wands, blue arrows, and red hearts. Landing on a square where a magic wand begins moves the player ahead (up) to the square that the other end of the wand is touching. Landing on a square where an arrow begins moves the player back (down) to the square where the arrow ends. Landing on a square with a heart allows the player to pick a question card. If the player answers the question on the card, he or she is rewarded and can move ahead the bonus number of squares stipulated on the card. Answering the questions is not compulsory, but a player who is unwilling to answer a question (no matter the reason) is not rewarded the bonus. Alternatively, the player can opt to open the question up to all the players, thereby stimulating social interaction.
- Prior to play, you can select a subset of appropriate cards that best reflects the issues that are the most relevant to the players.
- Squares #27 and #46 are extra special: having both a wand and an arrow, they give the player the chance to experience “the wheel of life”. When a player lands on one of these Squares, it is up to the other players to decide whether the arrow or the magic wand is used.
- It is very important that each player:
- be allowed sufficient time to answer each question.
- be accommodated if he or she does not wish to answer certain questions.
The winner is the player who reaches the end of the game, square #80, first.
Cards Example of A Journey to The Heart A social intelligence game
- Describe one talent you have (something you’re good at).
- What enables you to forgive others?
- Relate a sad event that you experienced. What helps you overcome sadness?
- How do you behave when you are angry? What helps you deal with your anger?
- Describe a challenging task that you successfully completed, even though you did not believe you could do it.
All rights are reserved to Tal Zaharin, Social Worker-MSW, Trauma Specialist-S.E.P. Instructing therapists, groups and professional teams from various fields – Psychotherapy, Education & Welfare.