Sentences from the Heart a communication game
Sentences from the Heart a communication game is a fun card game consists of a deck of 48 cards, each with a positive and empowering sentence, grouped into 12 categories or series, 4 cards in each category.
Ages: 6 and up. Number of participants: 2-6
The aim of the game is to practice saying useful sentences that encourage the players to give attention to others and to engage in positive dialogue, mediation, and sensitive communication through a fun card game.
Sentences from the Heart a communication game – Game Instructions:
Determine the order of the players (who starts and in which direction to play), shuffle the deck of cards well, and deal 4 cards to each player. The remaining cards are placed in the center. The players are asked to check their cards, and if anyone has 4 cards of a series, then that player places the series face up on the playing surface in front of him or her and draws a new card from the pile.
The goal of the game is to collect as many 4-card series as possible. The first player asks one of the other players whether he or she has a card from a particular series. The first player should have at least one card from that series. If the other player does not have the card, the first player takes a card from the pile in the center, and the turn goes to the next player. If the other player says yes, then the first player defines exactly which card of the series he or she is interested in, and if the other player has it, he or she gives it to the first player. If the other player does not have it, then the first player takes a new card from the pile in the center, and the turn goes to the next player.
The cards are allowed to be ordered one by one as long as you didn’t get an answer. At any stage, a player holding all 4 cards of a series must place them face up in front of him or her on the playing surface.
The winner is the player who has the largest number of completed card series arranged on the playing surface at the end of the game. The game ends when the center pile of cards is exhausted and all of the card series have been collected by the players and arranged in front of each one on the playing surface.
* Players are not allowed to lie. If a player holds a requested card, he or she must give it to the player who asked for it.
* Essential to the goal of the game is that the sentences be read aloud by each player when requesting a card from another player.
Sentences from the Heart a communication game – More game options:
- Social intelligence: Spread the cards face up and ask each player to pick a card and to give it to another player as a compliment.
- Birthday recommendation: Spread the cards face up and ask each player to pick a card that expresses the blessing that he or she would like to give to the birthday child.
- Conflict Management: When two children are in conflict, after understanding the content and context of their problem, spread the cards face up and invite each to choose a card. Then ask each player to write the sentence on a piece of paper and to say it aloud to the other player.
All rights are reserved to Tal Zaharin. Social Worker-MSW, Trauma Specialist-S.E.P. Instructing therapists, groups and professional teams from various fields – Psychotherapy, Education & Welfare.